Every month CSLL seed librarians host a ‘Lettuce Get Together‘ event at the Chico Library meeting room (1108 Sherman Ave. in Chico). Community volunteers, seed savers, and gardeners get together to discuss timely gardening tips, seed saving techniques, and package up seed for CSLL members to borrow.
Each month has a different gardening topic and seed to package depending on the time of year. From 4:00 – 4:30pm we hold a CSLL orientation to help people new to CSLL learn about how our seed library works.
2018 CSLL ‘LGT’ Schedule
Third TUESDAY of each month from 4:00 to 6:00pm at the Chico Library meeting room:
|January 16th||July 17th|
|February 20th||August 21st|
|March 20th||September 18th|
|April 17th||October 16th|
|May 15th||November 20th|
|June 19th||December 18th|
At each and every ‘Lettuce Get Together’ you are able to:
- Become a member of CSLL (the only requirement is to be an existing library card holder; if you’re not it’s free and easy to do!)
- CSLL Orientation to learn how to best utilize the seed library
- Check out up to 5 seed packs per season
- Seed saving education and discussions
- Package up diverse seed varieties
You can view our online calendar here.