Do you have tomatoes coming out of your ears?
If you do bring in some of your favorite varieties for a Tomato Tasting and Seed Saving Demonstration! You’ll learn how to process & save your tomato seed for next season and taste some delicious local tomato varieties. And even if you don’t have buckets of tomatoes come on in anyway and enjoy!
At 4:30 we’ll start with our Seed Library Orientation for those who are new or would like to know more about how to best utilize CSLL. We’ll provide information about how our seed borrowing system works, our different levels of seed saving for returning or donating true to type seed and how to advance your knowledge of seed saving in general.
Around 5pm we’ll start packing seed for our inventory and discuss our monthly seed topic which is TOMATOES!
At each and every ‘Lettuce Get Together’ you are able to:
- Become a member of CSLL (the only requirement is to be an existing library card holder; if you’re not it’s free and easy to do!)
- CSLL Orientation to learn how to best utilize the seed library
- Check out up to 5 seed packs per season
- Seed saving education and discussions (discussions include timely local gardening information)
- Package up diverse seed varieties
We hope to see you at our ‘Lettuce Get Together’. You can join our ‘LGT’ on Facebook too!
In Seedy Abundance,
~The Chico Seed Lending Library Team
Sherri Scott, Jane Hirtel, Joan Bosque, Stephanie Ladwig-Cooper and Sarah Vantrease