We will hold our Seed Library Orientation for those who are new or would like to know more about how to best utilize CSLL. We will provide you with information about how our seed borrowing system works, our different levels of seed saving expertise for returning or donating true to type seed and how to advance your knowledge of seed saving in general.
While we package up seeds for our seed inventory we will talk about HERBS. We’ll also discuss the benefits herbs bring to our gardens as companions and insectary plants -plants that attract beneficial insects (pollinators and predators to help us with pest control) and provide necessary food and shelter. Feel free to bring along some edible, medicinal or other herbs you are growing and share your experiences in both growing and/or saving their seed.
At each and every ‘Lettuce Get Together’ you are able to:
- Become a member of CSLL (the only requirement is to be an existing library card holder; if you’re not it’s free and easy to do!)
- CSLL Orientation to learn how to best utilize the seed library
- Check out up to 5 seed packs per season
- Seed saving education and discussions (discussions include timely local gardening information)
- Package up diverse seed varieties
We hope to see you at our next ‘Lettuce Get Together’!!
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1094499260573242/